There are some things you need to remember in Year 4!
To bring your P.E. kit to school on a Monday (to keep in school). We have P.E. on a Thursday. On a Friday, we go swimming so please remember you swimming kit every week!
- Your child will be given spellings to practise on a Monday which they will be tested the following Monday. An additional copy of the spellings can be found here: Autumn Spellings 2018.docx
- Our homework this term is a creative homework. We each have to earn 30 points by Christmas to earn a reward. An additional copy of the homework sheet can be found here: Year 3/4 Autumn term homework.docx
- READING DIARIES - We are focusing upon our enthusiasm for reading this year, we expect your child to read at least 3 times a week at home. This should be recorded in their reading diaries. There are many incentives for your child to read regularly with various treats and rewards. Our class has a reading challenge which is stapled to the inside of our reading diary, once this is completed your child will receive a reward. Reading diaries will need to be in school everyday, particularly on a Thursday for guided reading.
- Reading books should be in school every day, this is important as at 1pm we all Drop Everything And Read (D.E.A.R)!
- We are aiming to do Times Tables Rockstars in class everyday. However, it is expected that your child practises their times tables at home to make further improvements. To access the Times Tables Rockstars website at home please click here. If you do not have your login, please ask Miss Wheeldon for it.