What is Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools in England. The purpose of the funding is to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and other children.
Which children are eligible?
Children who are entitled for this funding are children who are classed as Looked After Children (LAC), children with parents in the Armed Forces– although these are at a reduced rate – and children who eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) or have been eligible within the last 6 years (Ever 6). We use this money to provide additional support for the children in a number of ways. Please look at our strategy statement to see how we spend this money.
Is my child eligible?
Your child may be eligible for this funding if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
- Universal credit
Please note you are not eligible if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
If you need any help with this then please don’t hesitate to come in and see us. Registering is really quick and easy – you can apply online at http://myfreeschoolmeals.com and get an immediate answer. If you are eligible, we will be notified within 5 working days. The additional funding we could receive will help us to support your child in school.