At Robert Mellors we are committed to promoting the safe and responsible use of the internet. Through our curriculum, we do our best to provide our pupils with the awareness and knowledge they need in order to recognise and avoid online activity which could cause themselves or others harm.
We engage actively with parents, sharing with them information regarding how to promote safe device and internet use at home. We remain vigilant to local and national ‘trends’ regarding popular games and apps and provide guidance as appropriate through newsletters, information sheets and parent workshops.
The following sites contain useful guidance for parents.
- Internet matters – for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning – for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware – for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info – for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow – for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre – advice for parents and carers